Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Dog Bowl IV Primer and History

The KUBBL presents the fourth version of the Dog Bowl on March 19th at the Marmalade Dog convention in Kalamazoo, Michigan.  The tournament has grown over the years to be the showcase for the "Underdog" races of Blood Bowl.  The last two editions have been won by the mutated powers of the Frozen Flames, a powerful chaos pact team coached by the host of the Siggy Llama Show.

The Dog Bowl was born out the remnants of the Special "K" Cup.  A twice held tournament where the coaches of the KUBBL were playing with ideas to create a tournament series with its own flavor. Those tournaments along with the first Dog Bowl all had different rule sets but they still saw the same races winning.  A significant change was made beginning with Dog Bowl II.  The tournament organizer felt that the tournament needed to set itself apart from other Blood Bowl events and the best way to try and do that was to "stack the deck" in the favor of those... less talented teams.

Here is an updated look back on the past tournaments to get some statics and records for Kalamazoo Ultimate Blood Bowl League tournaments.

Winners:
Special "K" Cup I:  Beaux
Special "K" Cup II:  Delevus
Dog Bowl I:  RowdyKatie
Dog Bowl II:  Siggyllama
Dog Bowl III:  Siggyllama

Runners Up:
Special "K" Cup I:  Falcon
Special "K" Cup II:  Flyingdingle
Dog Bowl I:  Delevus
Dog Bowl II:  Delevus
Dog Bowl III:  Delevus

Most Touchdowns:
Special "K" Cup I:  Delevus
Special "K" Cup II:  Falcon
Dog Bowl I:  Flyingdingle
Dog Bowl II:  Flyingdingle
Dog Bowl III:  BigStrayCat

Most Casualties:
Special "K" Cup I:  Randroid
Special "K" Cup II:  DarkOrk20
Dog Bowl I:  DarkOrk20
Dog Bowl II:  Rougethirteen
Dog Bowl III:  Valdric

Wooden Bowl/Hind Dog (last place):
Special "K" Cup I:  Richlelieu
Special "K" Cup II:  Valdric
Dog Bowl I:  Valdric
Dog Bowl II:  Lycanthrope
Dog Bowl III:  Fejwe


No comments:

Post a Comment